Yours Truely

Yours Truely

Monday, April 11, 2011

Covered Diaper Wipe Case

The other night I was all set up to have a movie night with the hubby. Then one unwilling 3yr old required daddy to lay by him and my loving husband fell asleep, so out with the movie and in with a craft!
First off I want to say I got my idea for this from Leah.

I started with a sheet of felt, a travel diaper wipe case, about 11 inches of fabric, enough ribon to go around the top and bottom of the case, I used 5/8 in and had to cut it to fit better so I recomend 1/4 in , fabri-tac. ( Fabri-tac really is crucial here, hot glue will leave it lumpy and other liquid glues like tacky glue will show through your fabric)

Place the case on the felt, trace a top and bottom, cut these out and use your fabri-tac to glue it to the case.


Cut the fabric so that you have enough to go down the sides, this makes it so you have finished edges in the end, glue that to your felt.


When you have glued the fabric to the large part of the case trim down the extra fabric so you have exactly what you need and then glue the sides ( when glueing the corners its easier to make a small cut and overlap the fabric so it lays flat. I hope that makes sense.)

Start in the back of the case and glue your ribbon on, I used a lighter to melt the cut edges so they wouldn't fray. I also found it easiest when I applied the glue to the ribbon and placed it instead of directly to the case.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment