Yours Truely

Yours Truely

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Freezer Paper Stencils

One of my most favorite projects to do is freezer paper stencils. Pretty much because they are dummy proof. Freezer paper can be found at any grocery store really... this is unless you're me. I went to 3 different places before I found it at Maceys. (By the plastic wrap and foil by the way)And trust me, at 5 something for the whole thing itll last a LONG LONG time.

First I found a picture I really liked on the net. Then cut out a piece of freezer paper the size of a reg printer paper (8 1/2 x 11 which is exactly half the width of the freezer paper) Then I put it mat- NOT SHINY- side down. Now this all depends on youre printer. But never print on the shiny side. Then I cut out the pieces with my xacto knife.



I only used a few of the butterflies on the print. You can also use your Cricut or Silhouette to cut out the letters ans shapes you want. Just remember to place the shiny side up so the freezer paper will stick to the Cricut mat.
Then I iron the freezer paper in place on my fabric  (shiny side down) Make sure the iron is on a dry setting.

 If you look closely I used a shirt that had stains on it. A good way to cover them up.


This is the paint I got at Walmart. It says 3D  but if you put it on a plate so you can brush it on it works just as well. Maybe even better. Although Im not sure why is says "Poppin' Purple"...

She wanted to help soooo bad. So I let her do a few wings.  
 Almost finished...

You do not have to wait until it's dry to take the stencil off but be careful when you do. 
Finished product. 


Leah 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that turned out so cute!!

Tim and Tesha said...

way cute I want to make some for my kids and even myself

vanessa.wilkerson said...

this craft is so fun and easy! Thanks for showing me

Post a Comment