Yours Truely

Yours Truely

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chalkboard

 I really wanted to make a chalkboard for the kids because honestly I'm tired of all the paper scraps that get left around and cut and marker on my couches and etc. Chalk is cheap and so was this project. The doors I got for FREE from my cousin who works at a shop and gave me these doors because they were defective. In the future Ill be paying a small fee by than retail price which can be upwards of 30-60 a piece. Go ahead and cringe that I painted them instead of put vinyl on them =)



The before- Really just the back side to show you

One for Kymber's bedroom

My Kitchen one
 I used paintable chalkboard paint in the past and honestly it was harder to work with and left streaks and it was just as costly as the spray paint. (I found at home depot finally by the way) Cost was about $4.97. It'll last you forever, whereas the paintable one you could only do maybe 2 projects. I've done a few and the can still seems full. I aged it by watering down the acrylic black paint I had. I'm in love!


If anyone is interested in one of these I'd be glad to make one for them for a small fee. Negotiable!

Leah

0 comments:

Post a Comment