Yours Truely

Yours Truely

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Burp Cloth

 My sweet hubby got me a really nice Bernina Activia 220 sewing machine for my high school graduation and I love to get my sewing on! 


 This is a simple but fun project and you don't need to be a master seamstress or have the kind of machine I have to achive this personalized baby gift.  I started with a package of  cloth diapers. I couldn't find anything smaller then a 12 count package but I know a few girls having babies this year so they aren't going to sit around the house and wait for a place to go.


This is my son Sean and the keeper of anything I'm not currently touching when I do crafts.
(Please don't mind the full garbage can in the background, it's the one thing I refuse to do.)


 Then I got some bright colored cotton fabric from Joann's, I cut the fabric to 5 1/2 in by 19 1/2 in.using my rotary cutter and matt, (I can't tell you how nice it is to have them, if you want to make blankets or anything really with a strait line I suggest getting one.) So then I folded the fabric under 1/4 in all the way around to make sure I had a finished edge and sew that down the middle of my cloth diaper, but I didn't think that was cute enough so then I found some really cute ribbon and cut two 20 in pieces folded it under 1/2 in on both sides and sew it down the long sides of the fabric overlaping the fabric just a little bit. I made one in purple and one in pink roll them up, tie them together with some more ribbon and you got a beautiful gift.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those are even cuter than I imagined!!

Tim and Tesha said...

I've been wanting to make some of these. They are adorable!!

Post a Comment