Yours Truely

Yours Truely

Friday, February 4, 2011

Crochet Flower Hair Clip

            I love to crochet, it is relaxing and I am able to do it while watching my kids play or watching TV.
                                          
   Lets Get Started!

This is a two tone flower that I did with Lily Sugar'n Cream 100% cotton yarn in white and hot pink, I used a size G hook. I like this yarn for hair clips because it is soft, bright, and lays flat.   
   
 These are the abbreviations Ch = Chain, sl st = slip stitch, dc = double crochet.
 You start with white, this will be the middle of the flower.  Ch 5 join this into a ring with a sl st at the first chain.

On the second round ch 3, (I count this as the first dc) then work 9 dc in the ring for a total of 10. Join w/ sl st in the top of ch.



This is where we are going to change colors, make a loop with your pink and stick it into the white loop, pull the white tight and pull the pink until it is the right size to keep going ( you can cut the white off, leave a tail about 2 to 3 in long) tie a small knott with the tail of the white and pink.   Round 3 we are going to start with ch 2, 3 dc in the next st, ch 2 and sl st in the next st. repeat this until you have five pettles then fasten off sew the tails into the flower. You can embellish your flower with a cute button or bling. 
 I found the basic pattern for this here .
Hot glue flower to hair clip and your done.  P.S. Wait for the hot glue to dry before you try it on.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the crochet hair clip! I wish I could crochet! Are you going to put items up for sale on this website?

Leah, Harmony, Tesha, and Vanessa said...

I will have to see about putting things on sale, it's a great idea and if enough people want it then I think I will.

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you added that last part about waiting for the glue to dry!!

Post a Comment