Yours Truely

Yours Truely

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dishwasher Magnet

Ok so I have a "sanitizing" dishwasher, and in my case the dishes have to be at least 80% clean when they go in or everything comes out dirty. Now don't get me wrong I love the fact that I have one, just wish it worked better.


Unless I'm home to tell Aaron or Lindzie ( my 7 yr old) if the dishwasher has been run they just wont touch it. So I decided to make a sign to help them when I'm not home ( I'm hoping this will result in my family helping with THIS chore more).


So I went to Roberts on 2 coupon Tuesday and got some scrapbook paper, I cut a piece of paper that is 4" x 5" this will be the back and we will stick everything on it. I then cut a piece of green paper 2" x 5" and did the same with the black, glue those onto the piece of paper you are using as the back, ( I did it this way so it would be thicker and could stand up to abuse from the boys). 


 I used Mandy's Cricut and cut out my words, "dirty" in green and "clean" in black then used a glue stick to mount it on the opposite color. 


 I took my little sign to JMart (a copy and printing shop, that does a tone of cool stuff) and had it laminated.


When I got it home I took a sticky magnet strip, cut it in half and stuck one piece to the top and the other to the bottom. Now its done and I love it!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a good idea!! Maybe Kelt would stop asking every morning about the dishwasher and maybe just maybe it would make people put their dishes in when it is dirty. ;)

Unknown said...

ya is a great idea :D i have the same problem hehehe

Tim and Tesha said...

:) I need to make one to these!!

Post a Comment