Yours Truely

Yours Truely

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Decorated Onesies

We decided to have our 3rd baby be a surprise. Since, we have one boy and one girl we have things for either. This has been both hard and fun. I must admit though it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I really don't mind unless I see something super cute at the store that I want to buy that is gender specific. In less than 5 weeks this baby will be here. I wanted a fun way to tell everyone if it is a boy or girl. The tricky part is my husband won't let me buy anything unless its gender neutral. No worries though, I came up with a solution!
I bought some plain onesies and had some chipboard cut outs that I traced onto fabric and felt to make the boy onesie. Then, I hand stitched it on. If I ever make one of these again I will use heat and bond or something to hold it on while I stitch. Maybe it will look straight then. :)



I had a hard time choosing what to do for the girl one. I saw a headband that someone made with singed felt flowers and decided to try it out. I really like the way it turned out!



Boy or girl I am SO excited for this baby to be here!


3 comments:

Meg said...

So cute Harmony! I love them both. I have singed satin but I've never seen singed felt - super cute. Can't wait to find out what that baby is!

Maples Family!! said...

Super cute!! Your did a great job! Can't wait to see what one you use!

Tesha said...

Love them Harm!!! I can't wait to hear what you had. It is coming up fast!!!!

Post a Comment